Council Tree Missionaries
Joe & Shawna Linstedt
Joe and Shawna have been serving with Cru (Campus Crusade for Christ) since1995. Shawna teaches at Poudre High School, and is an associate staff member at Cru. Joe is the National Director of Field Operations for Valor. Valor is the Cru ministry for college and high school ROTC cadets and midshipmen, veterans on college campuses, and cadets at foreign military service academies.
Valor has three objectives: to WIN cadets/midshipmen/veterans to Christ, BUILD and
strengthen their faith, and SEND them to reach others. The purpose of Valor is to launch movements where the Gospel captures hearts, transforms lives, and launches future leaders and experienced veterans into a lifelong adventure with Christ.
We desire to raise up generations of future officers who will bring the hope, love and justice of Christ to the world from a heart centered on Him.
How can you pray?
- Strength, courage and perseverance – walk with Christ and faithfully lead from that place.
Dale & Sara Lusk
Dale and Sara Lusk , children Sawyer and Collette. Dale is the founder and executive director MERGE, a ministry of Serve Globally. We started in 1993.
MERGE utilizes mission teams to encourage local churches and enhance what they are doing in their communities.
Our primary objective is to give Covenant churches from around the world an opportunity to partner with other world churches. We desire partnerships for a week or longer. The visiting team is not doing things FOR the local church or in the church, but WITH them. The focus is on ministry outside the local church; in the neighborhood and surrounding areas. Our ministry is Christ-centered and Kingdom furthering, not just a learning activity or social project.
Community ministry can be discouraging, frustrating, and tiring– a goal of the team’s visit and partnership is to encourage the local church pastoral staff, leadership and members by being with them in ministry. In order to do this, relationships need to be established. The local church community ministries will be more successful as a result.
How can you pray?
- 2016 is going to be the second-largest year in our ministry’s history. It is going to be exciting, but very, very busy. We need prayer for our preparation and staff. Pray for our team to lead appropriate and healthy trips around the world with helpful missiology.
- Pray for more teams to show interest in supporting and encouraging churches in
- My son Sawyer is 6 years old. We could use prayers for his development and school concerns.
Stuart & Jeni
Stuart and Jeni have been serving 30 years with CRU. Now they are with CRU City – Reaching the nations in our own backyard.
Our desire is to connect Jesus followers to peoples from all over the world who are seeking to make a new life in Colorado. Our heart is for all immigrants, but we are focusing on refugees and their unique needs. The Church has an unprecedented opportunity to extend the love of Jesus to a specific group of marginalized human beings who generally have experienced profound suffering. We seek to mobilize and equip believers to sensitively cross these cultures in our cities so that Christ might be known, and the intrinsic value of human beings would be restored.
We also continue to be involved in CRU’s ministry in Central Asia, where we lived for 19 years.
How can you pray?
- Please pray that God would stir people in the pews to risk crossing town to cross cultures in the name and love of Christ.
- Pray that we would navigate some sticky issues associated with refugees with courage, grace and truth.
- Pray that our mostly grown children would grow in love and passion for Jesus.
- Pray that God would strengthen and give us grace as we balance helping our aging parents and our ongoing ministry.
T & B
T and B, after 10 years of field experience, now work with the US office for Frontiers. T is the director of recruiting and mobilization for the five Pacific Northwest states while B counsels and coaches couples and young women headed to the field as a Field Prep coach. Their heart’s desire is to see whole and healthy followers of Jesus go to the hardest places on the planet. God is calling many workers to the harvest especially among M unreached and unengaged people groups. They are also heavily involved with helping local churches engage and minister to M refugees and international students in the major cities of the Pacific Northwest.
Frontiers is an international organization working only in the M world sending teams of professionals to places where the Good News of Jesus is least accessible. They have teams in every M majority country in the world and several with large M minorities. There are over 1300 field workers from 22 different sending bases in 22 different countries.
How can you pray?
- Protection for our intimacy with God and protection for our marriage.
- Every day, at 10:02AM, pray Luke 10:2. Please beg the LORD of the harvest to send workers to the ripe and ready harvest exploding in the M world.
- Never before has there been such openness to the Gospel among M. Now is the time to send messengers of peace and hope to these people for whom Christ died.
The Uttermost Parts of the Earth
The church supports several families that are serving in “the uttermost part of the earth” Acts 1:8. Please pray for them and contact the church office to know more about their wonderful ministries.
Patricia Van Engelen
Tricia serves with Great Commission Ministries in Amsterdam, Netherlands. She has been working on church planting, discipleship and outreach since 2006.